Sunday 5 February 2012

Dad’s the word…


I remember a few weeks before I had my little son, I looked at my husband and said, ‘you’re about to become someone’s hero… are you ready?’

I’m not sure he quite believed me, but, I know from experience that I was very lucky to have a hero. And, as my husband has many of my father’s qualities (it’s true, I chose a man just like my dad!), I know he’ll be the same to our little one.

Why was my dad my hero? Well, he always had teabags and a washing line on holiday for starters. He could erect any tent in minutes, large or small. He looked at me as though he adored me and encouraged me in everything – and that was what made him wonderful. He gave me self-belief and confidence (as well as superb camping skills).

So I know the way my son will feel about his dad, and I can’t wait to see it happen…

No comments:

Post a Comment